Tuesday 26 February 2019

What does setting of the sun mean for me?



I have a connection with the sun, in multiple ways:-
1. My father's name means 'The Sun'. 
2. I am a morning person - all rising days will have no meaning without the sun! 
3. I associate its rising and setting with everything 'life-like'! 

What does setting of the sun mean for me? 

So today while entering the metro station to head back home, the beauty of the setting sun caught my attention. 
Somewhere deep inside, I started feeling a bit sad as once its settled, everything would turn dark. The beauty of the sky, the feeling of being alive, the activities of everyone during the day-time - be it us humans, or animals, or birds, or any other living creature on this earth - all of those will slow down, comparatively. And I honestly have great apprehensions in being slow. I like being fast - very fast. And there are evidences from my daily life that would prove the same. The slowness sometimes kills me. And takes me on a guilt ride. Don't know from where this has come in - but it is there! 
And then I felt sad as night signifies darkness too. And I do not like being in the dark - unless I am lying on the floor and gazing at the shining stars (and for that, I for sure will have to live somewhere else and not in Delhi :P). But darkness makes me creepy and somewhere I do not really relate to darkness. 
The gloomy feeling was just settling in, but suddenly the thoughts inside my head started changing. I looked at the sun one more time and noticed the orange, glorifying, bright sparkle it showed even when it was setting down. And that very moment I thought to myself - even when it is setting and would be leaving behind the dark night sky, yet it is so proud, so powerful and so satisfied with all that it has done in the day! 

It is setting in like it has no regrets, whatsoever. It is setting in, like even after setting, it will still have a life. It is settling like someone who has sacrificed so much for others and yet is happy and content. It is setting in, leaving a mark. It is setting in, to come back again - with a life full of promises. It is setting in for a tough day yet again! 

In this life, I surely want to set like the sun! Yes, that is what I want! Its difficult though! As to shine like the sun, I will have to burn like one! 

Difficult, Very difficult! 

#Love you Sun! 

# Thank you! 

Some more pictures from today!
The rain and the sun! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment