Monday 1 July 2013

Day 1!

Day 1 at school! :) 

I so wanted to write this before the start of the second day in school, so 5:30 AM in the morning and so I am  doing this. Reason why I did not it yesterday - IT WAS DAY 1 AT SCHOOL, SO IT WAS BOUND TO BE HECTIC! :D haha..

Morning when I entered the school, the new Fellows and Volunteers were already there, set and waiting for me to come. They were inside Principal ma'am's office when I reached and looked really stressed out :P haha and that clearly reminded me of my first day at school, last year! Such huge transition in one year.. :D. Then, the next thing I did after wishing them, was definitely, meeting my kids. While I was walking the stairs up, I just can't explain how nervous even I was then to see all their faces. Now when I am thinking about it, I think I was nervous because I didn't know whether my kids would smile at me when they see me after 2 months, or whether they would just be very cold, wish me morning and stuff and would start their businesses. But when I saw their faces, Mukesh first, standing at the entry door, waiting for me to come and open it, I was so so happy..that I did not care about anything, and rushed to hug them all. 

Then opened the door, talked to them for sometime, settled the new Fellows by telling them little stuff, assembly started, and then I was back in the class. This is when I got to see all of them, the way they used to be 2 months back, sitting silently and listening to me. I shared my experience at the Sea and the beach at Goa, showed them some pictures and then I was all set to talk about their goals for this year and their future. 

But I had only 13 kids yesterday. Such less strength. Today I will have more. And all my kids were so sleepy yesterday, though I did try to make them feel energetic, but first day probably was too hectic for them, and it was so hot also. 

While coming back in the metro, I messaged the 13'ers asking about how the day was. Sangitha replied "hoping a better tomorrow!", which was exactly the same thing which I used to tell everyone around me last year, and literally said this each and every day!

Anyway, waiting to start teaching today. Day 2. Hoping it to be better.;) (I am saying this even now! :D )

Day 2. Rise and Shine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment