Wednesday 22 May 2013

Came across this and felt like sharing! 

Today, I read an article by Wendy Kopp, CEO, Teach for America. In that article, she talks about the three myths about making an impact. 

Myth#1
Its better to wait until you have some experience

Myth#2
Having an impact is about being first. 

Myth#3
Coming up with a big idea. 

Conclusion: Do not put your desire to change the world on hold. Start now, in constant pursuit of learning and impact. 

My Reflection on this: The myths are true and I believe that age/experience/being first/big idea does not really contribute to making an impact. An impact can be made just by one small work that you do. The basic factor is the motivation that lies within you, to make an impact. But at the same time I also feel that  being knowledgeable really counts. Knowledge in terms of what people actually need. What are the things that are hindering their progress? What can I do to make sure that those hindrances are removed? And then only the impact will be a sustainable one. 

And now after reading this, I am thinking about my BTCP. What should it be? 
Umm, will find it out really soon! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment