Wednesday 15 May 2013

Wandering in the streets of Seelampur, Shahadara and Welcome! ;) 

So today I was in the streets of Seelampur, Shahadara and Welcome. It was real fun! :) And while I was roaming, I got a chance to think about a lot of things!!! 

About the people living in the community:-

  • In spite of such narrow lanes, small houses, really small businesses, the people could smile. Wow! I was truly amazed to see this. 
  • When my friend told them the purpose of why we were there, some of them really supported us! One of them took us on his bike to the people who we could talk to and who could help us! 
  • People understand! I had always thought that others never have the time to listen to anyone. But I was really happy to see that people try to listen and understand you (obviously, when the topic of discussion is understandable! :P)
  • Even they want to eradicate the problems by helping! But the problem is of the resources. They do not have enough to offer to needy people. 
  • People can discuss their own problems, in the first meeting. Main factor: TRUST! If people trust you, then while listening, they can also share their own problems with you. And building trust does not really take that long! Or does it? I do not know. Walking in the streets there for 3 or 4 hours, and talking to people whom we met for the first time, we also got to listen a lot about their problems. Isn't it trust that made them share with us? 
  • People want to make their living "lively". No matter how narrow the lanes are, they want to beautify it, celebrate it to their level best!! Below is a picture of a lane I clicked.which was really narrow, but how people made it lively, I was happy to see that!!!! :) 
*Sigh* 

And while my friend was there enquiring...I was thinking about all this also:-
  • I did not really have a purpose behind going there, except helping my friend out. But I was feeling happy about being there. Just by getting to know about people, just by exploring about these areas. And now when this day is about to end, I feel that I have done something. I do not know what. But still I get this feeling. 
  • I do not know what am I getting out of this. But still I feel like exploring more. Just walking without a destination! Wandering! 
Ready to go for this again tomorrow! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment